WF1 Wireless Fencing 1
SIGNALLING SPECIFICATIONS EPEE
• Opening time of tip contact: 4ms, according to FIE specifications.
• Double hit time: 45ms +/-5ms, according to FIE specifications.
• Automatic rearmament: after 2 seconds.
• A hit is signalled by the lighting for 2 seconds of all red or green LEDs according to the fencer who effectuated the hit.
• A hit to clothing and to shoes will be signalled. A hit may not be signalled on clothing that is damp with perspiration.
• A hit to the piste will not be signalled. Certain types of epee (1), however, may signal a hit to the piste if the tip of the epee was placed
on the piste and then afterwards was pressed on the same.
• Hits to a varnished mask (insulated) of an opponent will be signalled. If a hit is made to a conductive part of the mask
(unvarnished) the hit may not be signalled.
• A hit to one’s own varnished mask (insulated) will be signalled. If, however, a hit is made to a conductive part of one’s own mask
(unvarnished), the hit may not be signalled.
• A hit to the skin of an opponent will not be signalled.
• A hit to one’s own skin may not be signalled. Therefore, in order to check that the tip functions, do not press it on your hand but
rather on an insulated surface (for example, on your shoe).
• A hit to the guard will not be signalled. However, a hit to the guard may be signalled as valid in the following situations:
– when both fencers are lunging at the same time;
– when bodycords are not worn properly. Beginning at the weapon, the bodycord should run up the arm, touching the skin, and
then pass over the under shirt to arrive at the base of the back;
– with certain types of epee(1), when the tip is first placed against the guard and then subsequently pressed against it.
SIGNALLING SPECIFICATIONS FOIL
Before starting foil training/matches, the calibration procedure for each fencer must be effectuated (2) .
• Opening time of tip contact: 14ms, according to FIE regulations.
• Double hit time: 300ms +/-25ms, according to FIE regulations.
• Automatic rearmament: after 2 seconds.
• The VALID hit is signalled by the lighting for 2 seconds of all red or green LEDs according to the fencer who effectuated the hit.
• An INVALID hit is signalled by the flashing of a single line of 4 LEDs.
• A hit to the conductive jacket is signalled as VALID. If it is signalled as INVALID:
– make sure that the part of the jacket hit is not insulated or heavily oxidized;
– execute the calibration procedure again of the fencer who made the hit (2).
• A hit to non conductive garments will be signalled as INVALID. However, it may happen that a hit to a non conductive garment is
signalled as VALID in the following cases:
– the part of the garment that is hit is damp with sweat;
– there is a change in the perspiration level of the fencer who made the hit. In this case carry out the calibration procedure (2) again.
• A hit to the guard is signalled as VALID (3).
• A hit to the (insulated) varnished mask is signalled as INVALID. However, if a conductive part of the mask (unvarnished) is hit, the
hit may be signalled as VALID.
• A hit to the conductive piste is signalled as VALID.
• A hit to the skin of an opponent is signalled as VALID.
• A hit to one’s own skin is signalled as VALID.
• A hit to one’s own conductive jacket is not signalled.
(1) When there is an epee tip in which one of its two wires is always connected to the tip, even when not pressed.
(2) FOIL CALIBRATION: Hit the opponent’s jacket 3 times in rapid succession (see ch.5.2 of the user manual).
(3) Such an abnormality may nevertheless be accepted for training, keeping in mind that a hit made by the tip to the guard is uncommon and
sometimes is not signalled at all, due to the fact that the tip bounces off the guard and does not press it long enough to be registered.
00897-M10-01-ML – WF1 Signalling Specifications FAVERO ELECTRONIC DESIGN
Postage and packaging is calculated on a per order basis, but approximately small orders of wires, spare parts of single gloves will cost around £4 in postage, orders of single jackets, breeches or lames will cost around £8 and orders including masks will cost £11-15.
All products on this website are subject to availability. While we strive to provide up-to-date information relating to a product please be aware that all images are for illustrative purposes only and there can be variations in style and colour. If you can’t find a product you would like us to stock please let us know. Likewise, if you find the same product cheaper anywhere else, please let us know and we will do our best to beat it.
Returning Unused Goods In the event that you are not satisfied with any purchase from www.thefencingshop.co.uk , you may return unused goods within 30 days of receipt for a full refund of the purchase price (not postage). We regret that refunds cannot be made for products that show evidence of having been used. Return shipping costs can only be refunded where we have sent the wrong goods in error .We do not give post and packing refunds for goods that have turned up late due to shippers problems/ or out of stock items. If the wrong size is ordered then exchanges can be made but shipping costs are at the customer’s expense. It is the receiver’s responsibility to return any product unwanted or faulty.
Undelivered items We give all customers the opportunity to have their goods delivered to a separate daytime address. If the item is returned to us because the product was not deliverable we do charge our delivery costs for the said items. If the receiver refuses a delivery we will only refund for the cost of goods and not for the post and packing.
Damaged goods In the unlikely event of receiving damaged goods please inform us immediately. Once the goods have been used we will not be responsible for any claims for damaged goods. We will arrange for return of goods and upon inspection will send a replacement by return of post. Please retain packaging and if possible take photos of the item to help with our claim against the courier.